In the simplest sense, NetMcr is about spending a bit of time each month, socialising with your fellow Networking professionals.
To be more complex about it, NetMcr was planned (by Thom & Tom) to fill a void in Manchester’s techni-social calendar. Whilst the majority of ‘meetings’ in the city focus on Development or Cloud infrastructure, we’re focusing specifically on Network Engineers, Architects & Technicians. Or, perhaps, just anyone interested in the profession.
We do publish a Respect Policy, which all first time guests are encouraged to read before attending.
We’re keen to foster good social networking & to throw in a little learning along the way. There’s no ‘entry requirement’ in terms of knowledge, and the event itself is completely free to attend.
NetMcr events are presently held on the second Thursday of each month, starting at 19:00, in the upstairs bar of 57 Thomas Street. The staff are lovely, the drinks are delicious, and they even provide a projector for us. It’s a perfect spot for socialising (with or without any alcohol) with a few short talks.
Of course, the pandemic is not yet over, and we would like to keep you, ourselves & the Fierce Beer staff, as safe as possible. A full course of vaccinations against COVID-19 is the best thing you can do to help. In addition to this:
- We shall avoid handshakes, and encourage vigorous hand-washing
- The door & windows will be open in the upstairs bar for air flow
- We urge you to wear a mask when visiting or transiting the downstairs bar
- Please do perform a Lateral Flow Test between 36 and 1 hours hence
- Please do not attend if you’re symptomatic of COVID-19
- … or anything else. This is not an ideal time to perpetuate winter colds!
If you’re interested in coming along, please do subscribe to the announcements mailing list (form to the right of this text) as you will only receive the joining URL by announcement to this mailing list
If it’s your thing, you may also follow us on Twitter.