As with any event, it’s important to make sure that everyone’s able to enjoy the event equally, regardless of their background, or experience within the Networking community. With that in mind, we have published the following Respect Policy, which all attendees are expected to follow.
- NetMcr is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees in any form.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate, including within talks.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for NetMcr.
- Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave at the sole discretion of the organisers. If you’re instead given a warning, this applies immediately.
The facilities provided by our gracious hosts at Marble Beers, are provided gratis. Please pay full respect to the space, and to the staff working around you during the meeting, as you would be expected to in any public venue.
- While we host meetings in a virtual setting, please respect that the conference facilities are provided gratis, and in good faith. Please do not abuse this generosity.
- Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
Should you experience any unfavourable or inappropriate behaviour, of any sort, please do raise this with Tom, Lou or Marek, or a proxy with whom you feel comfortable liaising. We can be reached either in person, or collectively via ‘hello -at- netmcr.uk’, or in DM to the @net_mcr Twitter account.
We reserve the right to add to this notice in the future, or as required to ensure that NetMcr remains a friendly, fun & welcoming environment for all.